Open Data Windsor Essex (ODWE) is Hackforge’s special interest group dedicated to supporting and encouraging efforts in open data. Funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation, ODWE advocates for open data and assists organizations in our community share their work in a manner that’s accessible and open for everyone.
Here are some of the work we’ve done so far:
- January 19, 2013: Hackforge volunteers assisted in an Open Data HackJam in conjunction with WETechAlliance
- May 11th, 2013: delegates from Hackforge attended the GOOpenData conference and contributed a short lighting talk
- July 18th, 2013: we had our first meetup dedicated to Open Data
- October 2, 2013: first meeting of the Windsor Essex Open Data interest group
- February 22, 2014: ODWE celebrated International Open Data Day with an event themed ‘Get Your Data on the Map!
- July 22, 2014: ODWE meeting : slides
- October 17 & 26, 2014: HackWE 3.0 celebrated National Science and Technology Week by challenging teams in a hackathon to create projects using open science data.
- November 19, 2014: Global GIS Day Maptime Event
- December 18, 2014: Explore Crowd-Sourcing with Maptime Windsor-Essex
- February 15 & 22, 2015: The Data-Journalism Hackathon, Press Play challenged local post-secondary students to use local open data to create interactive journalistic visualizations.
Interested in being a part of it or just want to keep up with what we’re up to? Keep tabs on us via Twitter
data.hackf.org runs on DKAN, the Drupal-based version of CKAN, the world's leading open-source open data publishing platform.
Hackforge Program Coordinator – Sarah Morris firstname.lastname@example.org
ODWE Lead – Mita Williams email@example.com